Get Involved with Tourism
Volunteer with us
The Mason County CVB is always looking for volunteers to join us in promoting Mason County and all that it has to offer. Volunteers contributed over 1300 hours to tourism in 2009 and we have set a goal to double volunteer participation in 2010. As a volunteer, you may perform tasks such as answering phones, greeting visitors and providing them with information, stuffing envelopes, leading bus tours, leading tours at Fort Randolph, or helping out at any of our other local attractions.
Please contact Twila Clark about volunteer opportunities by calling (304) 675-6788.
Becoming a member of the CVB is easy and well worth it! In addition, since the CVB is a federally designated 501(c)3 non-profit organization, your donation might very well be tax deductible. All membership donations go toward advertising the many events that take place in Mason County each year. If your business benefits from tourism, or if you see the importance of tourism development in Mason County, please contact the CVB to join.
CVB Membership Services
1) CVB purchases advertising for events and festivals and works to get matching grants from the West Virginia Division of Tourism
2) CVB serves as a clearinghouse for information on county accommodations, restaurants, attractions, recreation, and events.
3) CVB prints and distributes several publications such as: county events calendar, attractions and events brochures, and other special marketing tools and newsletters.
4) CVB distributes member's brochures (where applicable) and our publications to State and County information centers, visitor inquires, consumer travel & trade shows, conferences, meetings, and seminars.
5) CVB maintains the Internet address, www.masoncountytourism.org, which will provide members with business listings and the opportunity to link to their website. This interactive marketing tool promotes the assets of Mason County and generates thousands of website visits each month.
6) CVB maintains contact (on behalf of our members) with corporate, government and business meeting planners through advertising, marketplace participation, and direct mail campaigns.
7) CVB has the ability to inform its members about cooperative advertising opportunities in selected markets.
8) CVB distributes leads and referrals of all types to its members.
9) CVB provides exposure to travel writers through direct contact with local, regional and national publications.
10) CVB facilitates cooperation among businesses, governments, individuals, attractions, accommodations, and event committees.
Type of Membership/Suggested Donation Amount (per year)
Business (1-10 employees)/$150
Business (11-20 employees)/$200
Business (21-30 employees)/$250
Business (31-40 employees)/$350
Business (41-50 employees)/$400
Business (51-60 employees)/$450
Business (61-100 employees)/$500
Business (over 100 employees)/$600
Hotels and Accommodations/$700